Parents! You are amazing!
Ephesians 6:1-9 contained just the tip of the iceberg so to say regarding children and parenting. The significance and weight of parenting cannot be overstated and likewise the need for help and guidance is significant as well. I mentioned on Sunday that I would share some more resources. you will find them below.
As I do I repeat some of the wise words from Paul Tripp that I shared on Sunday:
"Parenting is impossible. I don’t have, in myself, everything I need to be a parent. I don’t have everything in myself that my children need. God doesn’t call us to a task because we are able, he calls us to a task because HE is able."
Therefore, we dig in!
The following list is by no means exhaustive, it's simply what was ready at my fingertips to share with you this week. Hopefully something here will be helpful and at least a start to so much more learning and growing. Together may we seek further equipping and encouraging as regards the tremendous role of parenthood.
Here are some introductory articles on the subject of parenting:
- Why Parenting is so. hard
- The missing Ingredient in our Parenting
- Seven Things to Pray for Your Children
Here are a list of books that offer a good gospel look at various aspects of parenting:
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles That Can Radically Change Your Family by Paul David Tripp
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy Moms by Gloria Furman
- Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick et al.
- Glimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home by Gloria Furman
- Missional Motherhood: The Everyday Ministry of Motherhood in the Grand Plan of God by Gloria Furman
- Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching and Learning the Greatness of God by Bruce A. Ware
- Show them Jesus: Teaching the Gospel to Kids by Jack Klumpenhower
- Mom, Dad...What's Sex?:Giving Your Kids a Gospel-Centered View of Sex and Our Culture by Jessica Thompson et al.
If you've found anything beyond this list particularly helpful please share in the comments below. Thanks!